pr3240.dll - What is pr3240.dll?
pr3240.dll File Description:
As a module that provides platform independence to certain software, the file pr3240.dll enables programs to be autonomous of any special features on a single platform. Moreover, the file pr3240.dll may handle the special features of a program such that it can deal with multiple platforms. A platform is an arrangement of hardware and software used in running computer applications. Simply put, a platform may be merely described as operating system or computer architecture, or may be a combination of both. The most popular platform is said to be the Microsoft Windows operating system running on the x86 architecture.
Netscape Communications Corporation publishes the file pr3240.dll with an internal name PR 3221. Originally, this dynamic link library file is named pr3221.dll, but with the release of the latest version 18.104.22.168, the file name was changed to pr3240.dll module, specifically for the 32-bit version of NSPR. The file pr3240.dll runs with a size of 75 kilobytes.
The file pr3240.dll has numerous facilities containing threads, thread synchronization, interval timing, calendar time, basic memory management, as well as shared library linking. These functions are described below:
* Threads are the major feature of NSPR. A thread is a slew of executions contained inside a computer process.
* Thread synchronization provides the basic mutual exclusion and thread notification facilities implemented by NSPR.
* I/O - A slightly augmented Berkeley Software Distribution sockets model that allows arbitrary layering.
* Network Addresses - The goal in this area is to provide a migration path between Internet Protocol version 4 and Internet Protocol version 6.
* Timekeeping - Internal timing and calendar are the two time functions of NSPR. Internal timers are typically used to specify timeouts in I/O. Calendar timers, on the other hand, are 64-bit signed numbers with units of microseconds that literally works as a calendar.
* Memory management performs basic malloc, calloc, realloc, and free functions in the computer memory.
* Linking provides shared library loading and unloading functions. In several cases, the linking facility is a smoothing-over of other facilities provided by various platform providers.
The goal of the file pr3240.dll is to provide uniform service over a wide array of operating system environments. It endeavors in not exporting the lowest common denominators of an operating system. On the contrary, the file pr3240.dll seizes the utilization of the best features of an operating system and still provides a uniform and direct service over a wide range of host offerings.Author: Netscape Communications Corporation
Author URL: http://www.netscape.aol.com
Part of: Netscape 32-bit Portable Runtime
Memory Usage: Low
Associated Applications: Any computer operating systems/ software
Background DLL: No
Uses Network: No
Hardware Related: No
Common Path: C:/ Program Files/ Netscape/ Communicator/ Program/
DLL Version: 22.214.171.124
Make sure your pr3240.dll is authentic and error free with a FREE SCAN.
Do you have errors with pr3240.dll?
The Common Reason for pr3240.dll Errors to Occur:
pr3240.dll errors are potential serious Windows file errors and are brought on because of a defective program registry that you should repair immediately to avoid even further failure in other software and/or devices. Risks include device damage, blue screen errors and fatal crashes.
What are the Symptoms of pr3240.dll Errors?
pr3240.dll errors bring forth a range of symptoms, including: computer locks on shut down or start up, applications freeze up, decreased system speed, case speaker beeps, trouble saving documents, slow system behaviour and problems while installing applications.
The following products are free to try. We have found them to be of the highest quality and value. They have been extremely useful in our own pc troubleshooting and maintainance and we highly recommend trying them out for yourself.
With a lightning fast free scan and the largest authentic spyware detection database we have seen, Anti-Malware Pro finds and removes threats to your PC stability and security. Download Anti-Malware Pro
DriverFinder will scan your system for driver and software updates. Its easy to use interface makes keeping your drivers updated quick and simple. They will even send you an email notification when new driver updates are available for your system! It doesn't get any more convenient than this. Download DriverFinder
Browse DLL Files by Name:
Is your DLL file missing?
Help us to make errorDecoder.com the best resource we possibly can by submitting you very own DLL file details. If you have detailed information on any DLL file or other file types please let us know by visiting the following link.Submit File Details Form