What is the .IIW File Extension?
.IIW File Extension Description:
The IIW file extension is associated with an Add-In of Microsoft PowerPoint, the Image Importer Wizard (IIW) that provides support for importing a variety of image formats into PowerPoint. It is primarily designed to make importing a whole bunch of images easy and make inserting multiple images into a presentation a pleasure.
IIW has a simple wizard-like interface that guides you through the step-by-step process of importing images. It gives you control over the type, scaling, positioning, and insertion point of the imported images and can set the order in which the images are imported. It allows you to customize the captions and transfer the custom animations assigned to image placeholder shapes to the imported images. These preferences can be saved as named settings and can be stored in a file that has the file extension IIW.
Files with the .iiw file extension can be created in six simple steps:
* The first step allows you to load a previously saved setting, open an existing presentation from the list or select whether a new presentation will be created by inserting the images into a blank design, by applying a design template to the presentation, or using the slide template from another presentation. This step is also where you can set the insertion positions of the images (beginning/end, before/after), and set the number of images per slide.
* The second step allows you to choose whether not to resize the inserted image or resize it to a scaling factor relative to the slide, set it as a background, or map it to layout template shapes. Additional options for inserting the images are included in this step such as saving them with a presentation, positioning them precisely in the center or specify coordinates, setting the z-order of the images if imported into an existing presentation, or checking the grayscale box if importing in grayscale.
* The third step allows you to specify the search criteria, whether in a given folder or in a list of folders.
* The fourth step is where you are allowed to select the image file formats of the imported images or use wildcards to search for files that have specific names.
* The fifth step allows you to select from the list the images you wish to import and set the order in which the images will be imported.
* The final step allows you to insert the caption properties, where to place the caption, and set the font properties.
Files with the .iiw file extension can also be used while using IIW as a Defined Layout, a presentation that contains only one slide but provided with different shapes of formatting and attributes that you want. Any autoshape displayed on this slide represents an image placeholder, inserting as many image placeholders as you like on the slide.Author: Shyam Pillai
Author URL: http://skp.mvps.org
Related Applications: Image Importer Wizard, Microsoft PowerPoint
Common Path: C:/ Program Files
Run a Free Scan to check for IIW related errors & to optimize PC performance.
Do you have errors with .IIW files?
The Usual Cause of .IIW files Errors:
A typical and frequent reason for .IIW files errors is corruption in the Windows registry - cleaning is needed to protect against further harm in other applications and/or devices. Receiving these errors puts your personal computer in danger for fatal crashes, blue screen errors and even system device failure.
.IIW files Errors - Common Symptoms:
.IIW files error symptoms include application lock ups, shut down or start up problems, slow pc performance, sluggish behaviour, input freezing, beeping sounds, trouble loading application files as well as problems during program installation.
The following products are free to try. We have found them to be of the highest quality and value. They have been extremely useful in our own pc troubleshooting and maintainance and we highly recommend trying them out for yourself.
With a lightning fast free scan and the largest authentic spyware detection database we have seen, Anti-Malware Pro finds and removes threats to your PC stability and security. Download Anti-Malware Pro
DriverFinder will scan your system for driver and software updates. Its easy to use interface makes keeping your drivers updated quick and simple. They will even send you an email notification when new driver updates are available for your system! It doesn't get any more convenient than this. Download DriverFinder
Browse File Extensions by Name:
Is your File Extension missing?
Help us to make errorDecoder.com the best resource we possibly can by submitting you very own file extension details. If you have detailed information on any file extensions please let us know by visiting the following link.Submit File Details Form