What is the .OTH File Extension?
.OTH File Extension Description:
The OTH file extension is part of the Oasis Open Document Format for Office Applications 1.0 specification. The OpenDocument format has its roots in XML and is the native format for files created from OpenOffice.org, a software aimed at creating a leading international office suite that will run on all major platforms and will provide all the functionality and data of open source based APIs.
The files with .oth file extension are text documents created with the OpenOffice software that are used as templates for HTML documents. They are formatted using the XML-based Oasis OpenDocument standard. The StarOffice software version 2 suites also adopt it.
A typical file with the .oth file extension is stored in JAR format to save space. JAR (Java Archive) is a compressed ZIP file, which contains additional manifest that lists the following contents of the archive:
* Mimetype - contains the MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions) type such as text, spreadsheet, etc.
* Content.xml - contains the actual content of the document
* Style.xml - contains the information about the styles used in the document and is separated from the content to provide more flexibility to the document
* Meta.xml - contains the Meta information about the document such as the author, revision date, etc.
* Settings.xml - contains information specific to the application such as the window size, position and printer settings based on the type of document created. For example, a spreadsheet contains information about column headers, cell values, etc. while a text document contains information about headers and footers, zoom factor, etc.
* META-INF/manifest.xml - contains meta-information about the entire JAR file or the list of all the other files in the archive
* Configurations2 - identifies the names of the settings container of the document
* Pictures - contains the list of all the images placed in the document
All files with the .oth file extension as well as other OpenDocument files are always encoded in the UTF-8 encoding scheme. This means that applications can process files with the .oth file extension in 8-bit segments at a time denoted by the most significant bit of the first octet being set to 1. This encoding scheme is highly efficient for representing languages using Latin alphabets such as English.Author: Sun Microsystems
Author URL: http://www.oasis-open.org
Related Applications: OpenOffice.org
Common Path: C:/ Program Files
Run a Free Scan to check for OTH related errors & to optimize PC performance.
Do you have errors with .OTH files?
The Cause for .OTH files Errors:
When you encounter errors with .OTH files you are likely receiving a serious Windows error - your error can be the effect of corruption to your registry and you should act to repair it at once to prevent further damage to your registry. Dangers include system device failure, blue screen errors and fatal software crashes.
.OTH files Errors - Common Symptoms:
.OTH files error symptoms include application crashes, system start up or shut down troubles, slow computer performance, laggy behaviour, input halts, beeping sounds, problems loading application files as well as problems while installing applications.
The following products are free to try. We have found them to be of the highest quality and value. They have been extremely useful in our own pc troubleshooting and maintainance and we highly recommend trying them out for yourself.
With a lightning fast free scan and the largest authentic spyware detection database we have seen, Anti-Malware Pro finds and removes threats to your PC stability and security. Download Anti-Malware Pro
DriverFinder will scan your system for driver and software updates. Its easy to use interface makes keeping your drivers updated quick and simple. They will even send you an email notification when new driver updates are available for your system! It doesn't get any more convenient than this. Download DriverFinder
Browse File Extensions by Name:
Is your File Extension missing?
Help us to make errorDecoder.com the best resource we possibly can by submitting you very own file extension details. If you have detailed information on any file extensions please let us know by visiting the following link.Submit File Details Form