What is the .SPG File Extension?
.SPG File Extension Description:
The TCP Optimizer is designed to provide an intuitive interface for tuning TCP and IP related parameters in the Windows Registry. Aside from this, it also takes into consideration all relevant RFCs, the implementation oddities of the Microsoft TCP/IP, verification of the entire Registry locations towards similar TCP/IP parameters, adds the necessary Registry parameters, and aids in making the whole tweaking experience a breeze.
The TCP Optimizer allows you to apply custom values to the different settings and learn the aspects of your connection that they affect first. These settings are saved in files with the .spg file extension.
The General Settings tab contains all the tweak able parameters that can be changed with the TCP Optimizer and can be later saved in files with the .spg files extension. These parameters are the following:
* Connection Speed - measured in kilobits per second; where the approximation of maximum available bandwidth is chosen; basis for recommendation of "optimal settings".
* Network Adapter - the pull down menu for choosing an adapter; can be used to modify or tweak other network adapters.
* TCP Receive Windows (RWIN) - the single most important factor in tweaking your TCP/IP parameters; limits your maximum throughput.
* MTU Discovery - determines whether TCP is using a fixed, default maximum transmission unit (MTU) or is attempting to find the actual MTU.
* Black Hole Detect - if enabled, TCP tries to have "black hole" routers detected while implementing discovery of the Path MTU, resulting to unreturned ICMP Destination Unreachable messages; increases the maximum number of transmission retries performed for a given segment; recommended optimal setting is "NO".
* Selective ACKs - controls whether or not Selective Acknowledgement (SACK) support is enabled; important for connections using large TCP window sizes; recommended setting is "YES".
* Max Duplicate ACKs - determines the number of duplicate ACKS that can be received for the same data; recommended value is "2".
* TTL (Time to Live) - specifies the default TTL value set in the header of outgoing IP packets; recommended value is "64".
* TCP 1323 Options - controls RFC 1323 time stamps and window-scaling options; recommended setting is "Window Scaling".
There are also Advanced Settings contained in files with the .spg file extension that have noticeable effect on the TCP/IP performance. These parameters are the optimization of Internet Explorer, High Resolution Priority, QOS (Quality of Service), and TOS (Type of Service).
Before tweaking your registry settings, it must be backed up first because it is unlikely that if you don't like the results of your settings after tweaking, you will restore them back. In fact, the first time TCP Optimizer is ran, it makes a backup of the related registry settings for you and saves them in the file with the .spg file extension.Author: SpeedGuide, Inc.
Author URL: http://www.speedguide.net
Related Applications: TCP Optimizer
Common Path: C:/ Program Files
Run a Free Scan to check for SPG related errors & to optimize PC performance.
Do you have errors with .SPG files?
The Cause for .SPG files Errors:
Upon encountering errors with .SPG files you are likely experiencing a critical Windows registry error - the error can be the outcome of damage in your registry and you should work to repair it at once to avert additional damage to your file system. While the errors persist your PC remains at risk for potential blue screen errors, device failure and fatal crashes.
Symptoms of .SPG files Errors:
.SPG files error symptoms include software crashes, shut down or start up problems, jerky system operation, sluggish behaviour, screen halts, beeping sounds, problems saving documents and problems during program installs.
The following products are free to try. We have found them to be of the highest quality and value. They have been extremely useful in our own pc troubleshooting and maintainance and we highly recommend trying them out for yourself.
With a lightning fast free scan and the largest authentic spyware detection database we have seen, Anti-Malware Pro finds and removes threats to your PC stability and security. Download Anti-Malware Pro
DriverFinder will scan your system for driver and software updates. Its easy to use interface makes keeping your drivers updated quick and simple. They will even send you an email notification when new driver updates are available for your system! It doesn't get any more convenient than this. Download DriverFinder
Browse File Extensions by Name:
Is your File Extension missing?
Help us to make errorDecoder.com the best resource we possibly can by submitting you very own file extension details. If you have detailed information on any file extensions please let us know by visiting the following link.Submit File Details Form