What is the .STY File Extension?
.STY File Extension Description:
The STY file extension is used by Microsoft DirectMusic to provide a channel through which music and sound effects can be played back. Through the use of files with the .sty file extension, music and sound effects can be changed dynamically at any given time or in reaction to the user's requirement.
A file with the .sty file extension usually contains the following elements: style, pattern, motif, chord progression, command track, and band.
* A style is a compilation of musical patterns that can be utilized to generate a musical score. It also includes time, signature and tempo.
* A pattern is a musical diagram with one or more measures long and containing a basic series of notes for each instrument. Any pattern (except motif) can be assigned as an embellishment or enhancement, the four standard types of which are the introduction, fill-in, break, and ending.
* A motif is a distinctive type of pattern created to be dynamically played on top of the basic music score. Used in interactive applications, a motif is played graphically to underscore a theme.
* Chord progression is a sequence of chords in the music score usually drawn from a chordmap, or entered manually by the author.
* Command track is a string of commands used for selecting proper patterns at selected or predetermined times.
* Band is a collection of instruments from which the author can choose from and assign them at set time in various patterns.
In using files with the .sty file extension, music and sound effects can be composed in such a way that the user can dynamically change them every time they are played. With them, the sounds remain constant no matter what hardware is used by the computer and the content can be arranged in separate components commonly known as segments, which can be layered on top of one another, providing powerful and flexible attributes to the composition.
Aside from providing DirectMusic with enhanced potential for playing music accompaniment and sound effects, the STY file extension is also utilized in several applications including computer games and Web pages.Author: Microsoft Corporation
Author URL: http://www.microsoft.com
Related Applications: Microsoft DirectMusic
Common Path: N/A
Run a Free Scan to check for STY related errors & to optimize PC performance.
Do you have errors with .STY files?
What Causes .STY files Errors to Occur?
.STY files errors are possibly critical Windows errors and are often brought on by a corrupted registry that should be fixed immediately to avoid further damage in other software and/or devices. Dangers include system device damage, blue screen errors and fatal software crashes.
.STY files Errors - Common Symptoms:
.STY files errors produce many symptoms, such as: system locks while shutting down or starting up, applications crash, decreased personal computer speed, case speaker beeps, problems saving documents, slow system behaviour and application installation problems.
The following products are free to try. We have found them to be of the highest quality and value. They have been extremely useful in our own pc troubleshooting and maintainance and we highly recommend trying them out for yourself.
With a lightning fast free scan and the largest authentic spyware detection database we have seen, Anti-Malware Pro finds and removes threats to your PC stability and security. Download Anti-Malware Pro
DriverFinder will scan your system for driver and software updates. Its easy to use interface makes keeping your drivers updated quick and simple. They will even send you an email notification when new driver updates are available for your system! It doesn't get any more convenient than this. Download DriverFinder
Browse File Extensions by Name:
Is your File Extension missing?
Help us to make errorDecoder.com the best resource we possibly can by submitting you very own file extension details. If you have detailed information on any file extensions please let us know by visiting the following link.Submit File Details Form