What is the .TC File Extension?
.TC File Extension Description:
The TC file extension describes the virtual encrypted disk that serves as data container for the TrueCrypt application. This is a program that allows users to create an encrypted volume or a data storage device using disk space.
Features of the TrueCrypt application are:
* Allows users to create a virtual encrypted disk that can be mounted (initialized and executed) as a real disk
* Has the capability to encrypt the entire storage device (such as USB flash drive) or a drive partition.
* Incorporates security features such as a password to mount and execute the TC file; a "keyfile" can also be used with the same function.
* Encryption algorithm used by the application includes AES-256, Twofish, and Serpent; with an MTS mode of operation.
The encrypted volume with a TC file extension is automatically encrypted or decrypted even before it is loaded, or saved, without any user intervention. The following scenario will explain this concept:
* For creating a virtual encrypted disk, the file will be automatically encrypted while it is temporary stored on the memory module or RAM (Random Access Memory) even before it is being written on the disk drive.
* When the encrypted volume is being mounted and opened, the file will be decrypted at the same time it is loaded on to the disk (also on memory).
For security purposes, no encryption or decryption data is left on memory after the process. The application will erase the data from the memory while it is being processed.
Also, mounting the TC file over to your disk will require a password before it can be opened. The password info will be stored on the encrypted TC file, and will prompt the user when executed. The same concept is also applied when the user prefers to utilize "keyfiles" instead of the latter.Author: TrueCrypt Foundation
Author URL: http://www.truecrypt.org/
Related Applications: TrueCrypt
Common Path: (not applicable)
Run a Free Scan to check for TC related errors & to optimize PC performance.
Do you have errors with .TC files?
What Causes .TC files Errors?
When experiencing errors with .TC files you are likely experiencing a critical Windows file error - this error could be the result of corruption to your registry and you should work to correct it at once to avert additional damage to your file system. Experiencing these errors puts your system at risk for fatal crashes, blue screen errors and even device failure.
.TC files Errors - Common Symptoms:
Typical symptoms from .TC files errors include reduced system performance, extended software load times, problems accessing documents, extended breaks in application routines, software closing without an error, input halts and software crash.
The following products are free to try. We have found them to be of the highest quality and value. They have been extremely useful in our own pc troubleshooting and maintainance and we highly recommend trying them out for yourself.
With a lightning fast free scan and the largest authentic spyware detection database we have seen, Anti-Malware Pro finds and removes threats to your PC stability and security. Download Anti-Malware Pro
DriverFinder will scan your system for driver and software updates. Its easy to use interface makes keeping your drivers updated quick and simple. They will even send you an email notification when new driver updates are available for your system! It doesn't get any more convenient than this. Download DriverFinder
Browse File Extensions by Name:
Is your File Extension missing?
Help us to make errorDecoder.com the best resource we possibly can by submitting you very own file extension details. If you have detailed information on any file extensions please let us know by visiting the following link.Submit File Details Form