What is the .VB File Extension?
.VB File Extension Description:
Files with the .vb file extension are executable files written in the Visual Basic scripting language. They can be executed in Windows, and such files run directly from the operating system or within Internet Explorer by using the built-in scripting support. In short, the files with the .vb file extension runs by themselves.
In Visual Basic projects, the file extension VB remains the same even if the purpose of the project item were different. Project items are the types of files added to Visual Basic that differ depending on whether you are working in a Web or a local project. The following is the list of available project items that use the VB file extension on local projects:
* Windows Form - used for the creation of Windows applications
* User Control - used for the creation of Windows Form control
* Custom Control - used for the creation of a user-drawn Windows Form control
* Inherited Form - new form used on an existing Windows Form
* Inherited User Control - new control used on an existing Windows Form control
* Windows Service - used for the creation of Windows services
* COM Class - a class that can be used and exposed to COM
* Transactional Component - class for transactional components
* Assembly Information File - contains general assembly information
For Web projects, the following project items use the VB file extension:
* Web Form - used for the creation of Web applications
* Web Service - used to provide exchange interoperable messages via standard protocols such as HTTP, XSD, XML, WSDL, and SOAP
Files with the .vb file extension are used on both local and Web projects for the following project items:
* Module - used for storing group of functions
* Class - code file that contains class declaration
* Component Class - for creating components using the visual designer
* Data Form Wizard - used for Windows and Web applications
* Web Custom Control - class to create ASP.NET server control
* Code File - blank code file
* Installer Class - to be invoked at setup time
Game ROM created from a Nintendo Virtual Boy video game also uses the VB file extension. It contains data from a Virtual Boy cartridge saved in a read-only file and can be played on a PC using a Virtual Boy emulation program such as Red Dragon.Author: Microsoft Corporation
Author URL: http://www.microsoft.com
Related Applications: Visual Basic, Virtual Boy
Common Path: C:/ Program Files
Run a Free Scan to check for VB related errors & to optimize PC performance.
Do you have errors with .VB files?
What Causes .VB files Errors?
.VB files errors are potential severe Windows registry errors and are often brought on because of a corrupted registry entry that should be fixed immediately to avoid additional failure in other applications and/or hardware. During the time the errors remain your personal computer remains in danger of possible blue screen errors, device failure and fatal crashes.
Symptoms of .VB files Errors:
.VB files error symptoms include program crashes, start up or shut down problems, slow pc performance, sluggish behaviour, input freezing, internal speaker beeps, problems accessing program files and issues while installing applications.
The following products are free to try. We have found them to be of the highest quality and value. They have been extremely useful in our own pc troubleshooting and maintainance and we highly recommend trying them out for yourself.
With a lightning fast free scan and the largest authentic spyware detection database we have seen, Anti-Malware Pro finds and removes threats to your PC stability and security. Download Anti-Malware Pro
DriverFinder will scan your system for driver and software updates. Its easy to use interface makes keeping your drivers updated quick and simple. They will even send you an email notification when new driver updates are available for your system! It doesn't get any more convenient than this. Download DriverFinder
Browse File Extensions by Name:
Is your File Extension missing?
Help us to make errorDecoder.com the best resource we possibly can by submitting you very own file extension details. If you have detailed information on any file extensions please let us know by visiting the following link.Submit File Details Form