What is the .XI File Extension?
.XI File Extension Description:
The file extension XI is used for instrument files used by the Fast Tracker 2 program. An instrument file contains samples of certain instruments. Files with the .xi file extension contain patterns to recognize how and when the samples are to be played.
Tracker programs use instrument files. Tracker programs are data music sequencers that allow its users to lie out sound samples across channels. One complete song has several small patterns, which are chained together in a master list. There are several elements common to tracker programs:
1. Notes are used to assign the frequency in which a sample is played.
2. Samples are small sound files of a voice, instrument or dialect. The program to create music tracks uses these.
3. Effects are special functions assigned to a note. Effects Common tracker effects are volume, portamento (slide between two or more pitches), vibrato (regular and pulsating change in pitch), retrigger (repeating samples in a number of times within a timeframe) and arpeggio (set of notes in a chord that are played one after another).
4. Tracks or channels are used to play and assign samples and notes to be played at the same time.
5. Patterns are used to dictate how the samples are played. These files look like a virtual music sheet where the user can compose the musical piece/score. Songs created by the tracker program come with different types of patterns.
6. Orders or pattern lists describe when the patterns are played. These are used so that patterns do not need to be repeated if they have to be used again.
The Fast Tracker 2 program is one commonly used tracker. Its easy navigation interface includes the pattern editor in the lower half while the instrument selectors are located on the upper half.
The Fast Tracker 2 support different types of file formats. One type of format that can be used by the program uses the file extension XI. The XI file extension comes from the term Extended Instrument. Files with file extension XI contain specific samples, which store the sound of instruments such as the piano or guitar. These files are by the program to create music tracks. A file using the file extension XI contains a particular pattern for the instrument to be played.
Another program that uses the file extension XI is the Scream Tracker. It is considered one of the biggest rivals of Fast Tracker 2. It is a versatile digital sequencer created by Same Tammilehto (Future Crew). This program also uses files with the file extension XI to store instrument files.Author: Starbreeze Studios (,Fast Tracker 2),, Sami Tammilehto (,Scream Tracker),
Author URL: http://www.starbreeze.com(,FastTracker2),,
Related Applications: Fast Tracker 2, Scream Tracker
Common Path: N/A
Run a Free Scan to check for XI related errors & to optimize PC performance.
Do you have errors with .XI files?
The Common Reason for .XI files Errors:
A common and likely reason for .XI files errors is damage in the Windows registry - repairs are needed to protect against additional corruption in other software and/or devices. Experiencing these errors puts your system at risk for fatal crashes, blue screen errors and even hardware failure.
What are the Symptoms of .XI files Errors?
Common symptoms with .XI files errors include slower personal computer speed, long program start up times, problems saving documents, excessive suspensions in program routines, programs shuts down without displaying an indication of error, screen freezes and applications crash.
The following products are free to try. We have found them to be of the highest quality and value. They have been extremely useful in our own pc troubleshooting and maintainance and we highly recommend trying them out for yourself.
With a lightning fast free scan and the largest authentic spyware detection database we have seen, Anti-Malware Pro finds and removes threats to your PC stability and security. Download Anti-Malware Pro
DriverFinder will scan your system for driver and software updates. Its easy to use interface makes keeping your drivers updated quick and simple. They will even send you an email notification when new driver updates are available for your system! It doesn't get any more convenient than this. Download DriverFinder
Browse File Extensions by Name:
Is your File Extension missing?
Help us to make errorDecoder.com the best resource we possibly can by submitting you very own file extension details. If you have detailed information on any file extensions please let us know by visiting the following link.Submit File Details Form