Are you playing the most popular Lego-game Roblox? But does it keeps losing connection and shows the Roblox Error Code 277. Most of the users get this error, are you the one who is also getting this error? Don’t worry, as here we have brought a few methods which will help you to solve this Roblox Error Code 277.
Roblox is a game available for iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, and Xbox. Some of them play this game on Mobile phones to get the mobility advantage, and others want a wider screen, so they play it on PC. However, it has one common problem of showing error code 277. Check out the solution to fix this error.
Before we get into details, first let the see the what Roblox Error Code 277 is and what are the reasons for getting this error.
What is Roblox Error Code 277?
Most of the ROBLOXians get Error Code 277. But the developers have not fixed this issue. The Server Disconnection Error comes up in Mobile phones as well as on Windows, iOS, MAC.
Whenever you try to play a game or are in the middle of the game, you will see the Error 277 “Disconnected – Lost Connection to the game service, Please Reconnect (Error Code: 277)”. When this error occurs, the players try to reconnect, or they leave the game. But, then also the players see the same error again.
The exact cause of getting this error is not known yet. Most of the players believe that the issue is occurring due to connected with the ports which are used by the router that connects the game.
The error can be caused by server failure; also, in this matter, the user can’t do anything except switching to a different server or reconnecting the server again. However, the reason for getting error 277 on Roblox is not same for all the users. The players might have a problem with an Internet connection, or corrupted system files, malware infection or anything can cause this error.
So, here we are with this troubleshooting guide which will help you to solve the Roblox Error 277. Check out the methods provided below and follow the steps to fix the error.
How to Fix the Roblox Error Code 277?
Not everyone has got this error code while playing the game. Take a look at the solution given below and resolve the issue. Any method provided here can help you out, so check out the best solution and solve the Roblox Error Code 277.
Before doing anything, first, check out the basic computer system. One of the first steps is rebooting your system, cleaning up your computer, and plug-in your charger if the process takes longer then your system does not gets off.
Make sure that the device has the minimum hardware and the best internet speed. To play Roblox smoothly, you need:
- Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10 PC. On Windows 8/8.1 you must launch Roblox in Desktop Mode as Metro Mode is not available.
- Shader Model 2.0 and DirectX 9 minimum
- Minimum 4-8 Mbps internet or higher
- CPU 1.6 GHz, 1GB RAM, and minimum 20MB of storage.
Methods to fix Roblox Error Code 277
Method 1: Delete Roblox Logs
If you are getting error code 277 then you must delete the Roblox Logs. It can solve the error, as Roblox stores some data like history, settings and other data because of which the space of the PC gets used. And it can cause a problem when you run the app. So, it is good to clean the Roblox logs to avoid such errors.
Follow the steps and delete the Roblox logs:
- First, open a RUN command by pressing Windows + R keys
- Now, type in %localappdata%\Roblox\logs in the dialogue box and press Enter
- Please select all the files in the folder by pressing Ctrl + A and then delete them completely by pressing Shift + Delete
- Again open the Run Dialog box and go to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\RbxLogs\ folder
- Please select all the files and delete them completely.
Finish this process and rerun Roblox to check if the Roblox error 277 is fixed or not. Remember, deleting the game logs will delete all the save games and settings. So start again from the first.
Method: 2. Update Your Default Browser
It would be best if you use Google Chrome as a default Browser as it is a trusted browser. You must update the browser whenever it is necessary. So, if you play Roblox in Google Chrome, then Roblox will automatically update it to the latest version.
Method 3: Run Roblox in Compatibility Mode.
The compatibility issues can mess up your game. There are two ways to fix compatibility problems on Windows. Follow the steps and run Roblox in Compatibility Mode.
- On the Roblox, app do right-click and choose Properties.
- Now, click on the Compatibility tab and tick off on Run this program in compatibility mode for
- Now, choose windows version from the dropdown menu
- And at last click on Apply button.
Use these settings and Run Roblox to see if the issues are fixed or not. If the issue is not fixed, then try out another method to solve the compatibility issues.
- Click on Start menu and search for run programs
- Now, click on Run Programs made for previous versions of windows
- Click on Next button and run the troubleshooter and scan the compatibility issues
- Once the scanning is complete, the list of apps which have trouble will come up.
- From the list, search Roblox and click on it
- Tab on Next button
- Choose the option you want to use
- You can choose the compatibility settings of your choice or can use the recommended compatibility settings.
Follow the steps and click on the Test the Program button to check whether the problem is solved or not.
Method 4: Connect to a different Network
Roblox error code 277 can also occur due to network problem. If the router is broken, then also you may get this error. So, just get connected to a different network and solve the problem.
Many users also report that when they are connected to a particular network like Wifi, they get the error code 277. But if they change the network, then they won’t see the error. So, if you are also getting the error while playing the game on your home Wifi or office network, then try to switch the network to mobile data. And check out the error is solved or not.
If all these methods do not work then the last option is to reinstall Roblox. So, uninstall the Roblox and install the clean version of the app. This will help you to solve the Error code 277 and will also help you to replace any broken file.
No matter what the reason is, follow the given methods if you are getting the Roblox error code 277.